Hello my beauties,
I love watching YWP’s nail art tutorials, she does some of the most easy nailarts but they look amazing. Today I’ll be teaching you how to make a dotting and splatter nail art YWP inspired 🙂
Basically the nail art ive done is called a Skittle Manicure. First lets learn about it;
a. When all nails have the same color scheme but different designs;
b. When all nails have the same design but different color scheme.
Now that we all know why my nailart is a mix of different designs lets move onto the steps shall we 😉
- Pick out your favorite nail polishes. (I have choosen Clazona shades: 218,168 and 249 and Medora shade: 479 and Sweet touch top coat (its the best I love it)
- For the dots you will need a dotting tool or tooth pick.
- For the splatter effect you need a small piece of plastic bigger then you nail size ( I cut the piece from a ziplock bag)
- First and foremost coat all your nails with a base coat ( I used Sweet touch topcoat only)
- After it has dried, paint all your nails (except index finger) with a light color so that other colors can stand out. ( I used Clazona shade: 249). On my index finger I used Medora shade: 479.
- When the base color is dried completely, place dots by using your dotting tool or tooth pick by simply starting from the center make horizontal dots and work your way towards the left and right. ( This technique will evenly distribute the dots on your finger – This is not my technique as i mentioned earlier I see YWP’s nail tutorials 😛 ) I used the dots on my thumb and pinky finger)
- For my middle finger i simply french manicured it with Clazona shade: 218 and just outlined the edge with any gold nail polish (I used Clazona shade: )
- Moving on to the plastic bag splatter technique 😀 the fun part. I used all the shades which I have used on the dots created on my thumb and pinky. Place medium amount of dots of your desired nail colors on your middle finger by the brush applicator of the nail paints only and place the plastic over the nail and tap it generously 😉
- Remove the plastic and you will see a marbled/splatter effect over your nail.
- And this is what you end up with ( Image below)
TADAAAA 😀 wasnt it easy and fun at the same time 😛
I love doing skittle nail arts 🙂
Hope you enjoyed learning it too. Do share your designs if you try these and hashtag #BWBNnails so i can check them.
Until next time.
Follow me on my social networks:
Insta : numz_zee