Quick and Easy Banana Bread Recipe
So one night I had this urge to have some banana bread, I had never ever tried a banana bread or maybe once i guess that I dont even remember how it tastes. This time i really needed to boost up my taste buds to know how it tasted.
So the next evening I stormed up into the kitchen and tried out this super easy and deliciously moist banana bread recipe.
So lets just roll up those sleeves and get some backing done 😀
- 4 medium or 3 large overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup (white and brown sugar mix)
- 1.5 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Grease and apply flour on any loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 160
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas into a smooth paste like form and add in yogurt. (Be sure to use bananas that are over ripe because the flavors will be more intense.)
- Add in sugar, followed by oil, and the egg, making sure to whisk before adding each ingredient.
- Drop in the flour mixed with the salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix only until the dry ingredients are moistened. (Try not to over-mix the batter because it will result in a dry bread)
- Place the batter into your pan and tap the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar for decoration (I went a lil extra with it :P)
P.S: Make sure your bananas are ripped as they work as sweetening agent to the bread, else you have to incorporate some extra sugar in the recipe. The yogurt will help keep the bread moist and soft. The temperature of your oven can differ, so make sure you keep a check on the batter close to the ending time as you don’t want a hard and crunchy bread! Also if your bread still needs to cook and the upper layer is burning place a foil over it to prevent it from getting that burned look.
Let me know if you try the recipe and share you experience in the comments below !
Until next time,
Catch you with another recipe.
Follow me on my social networks:
Insta : numz_zee